Factor[e] Ventures is a global impact investment firm with offices in Nairobi, Kenya, Fort Collins, USA, and London, UK. Factor[e] identifies, validates, de-risks, and invests in highly-scalable, socially meaningful technology ventures that can help drive development through access to energy, agriculture, transportation, and waste & resource management. We’re very engaged post-investment, helping our ventures develop the strategies, hone the technologies, build the teams, and raise the funds they need to achieve impact at scale.
Accountant | Hybrid – significant portion remote with ability to meet in the Fort Collins, CO area with team members as needed
Factor[e] Ventures is seeking an accountant to add to our global team. The position will be based in Colorado with the ability to meet with team members in Fort Collins as needed. This role will give someone hands on experience and broad exposure. The best candidate will be an experienced accounting professional that has the ability to work independently, is proactive, and has strong attention to detail.
Management: This position reports to the CFO at Factor[e] Ventures
Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain general ledger books and records; prepare and process transactions and exercise sound judgement regarding the proper application of accounting principles to complex transactions and various ad hoc deliverables
- Analyze and reconcile bank statements, investment activity, income and expense accruals, and general ledgers
- Prepare detailed general ledger reporting for various funders for grants and other income received
- Oversee use of technology solutions to streamline company accounting activities
- Close the books monthly and prepare balance sheet reconciliations
- Support both recurring and ad hoc investor requests and other requests from internal and external parties
- Special projects
- 2-3+ years of relevant accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or equivalent work experience
- Highly proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and technically savvy
- Strong attention to detail and analytical mindset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior organizational skills, ability to prioritize and multi-task; sound judgement
- Ability to adapt to change
- Positive attitude
- Comfortable working primarily remote
- Experience with small business accounting software (i.e. Xero, Quickbooks)
- CPA is a plus
To Apply: Please submit your resume, cover letter explaining your interest in the position and in joining the Factor[e] team to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Last Name – Accountant”.
Factor(e) Ventures does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. Factor(e) Ventures is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community and we encourage all candidates to apply, especially women and candidates based on the ground in Africa close to the customers and markets we serve. To achieve that goal, we may conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Background checks may include, but are not limited to, criminal history, national sex offender search and motor vehicle history.