Factor[e] Ventures is a global impact investment firm with offices in Nairobi, Kenya, Fort Collins, USA, and London, UK. Factor[e] identifies, validates, de-risks, and invests in highly-scalable, socially meaningful technology ventures that can help drive development through access to energy, agriculture, transportation, and waste & resource management. We’re very engaged post-investment, helping our ventures develop the strategies, hone the technologies, build the teams, and raise the funds they need to achieve impact at scale.
Technical Analyst | Fort Collins, Colorado – Full Time
About the role
Factor[e] Ventures is seeking multiple Analysts to support our global investment team. We are looking for candidates with either a technical or financial background that have a strong sense of curiosity and desire to create impact through investing and supporting sustainable technologies and business models.
Technical Analysts will identify and analyze a wide range of technologies to assess functionality, efficiency, techno-economic viability, manufacturability, and environmental impact. The analysis will be used to inform investing decisions and aid in de-risking of portfolio company technologies.
All Analysts will provide broad support to investment and research teams, which includes some administrative and process support, and report to Investment Directors or Investment Associates.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Analyst position will:
- Research and landscape various markets, technologies, and ventures
- Perform techno-economic analysis
- Create, or assist in the creation of financial models
- Assist the team in carrying out due diligence to inform investment decisions
- Help carry out field assignments (customer interviews, site visits, etc.)
- Assist with basic project management and administrative tasks
- Support the creation of investment memos, reports, or publications
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, engineering, or related field
- Ability to conduct self-directed research and analysis
- Strong visual, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage time and stay organized across multiple projects and managers
- 1+ years of experience in engineering consulting, or venture capital is a plus
- Experience in the ag, energy, waste, or mobility sectors is a plus
To Apply: Please submit your resume, cover letter explaining your interest in the position and in joining the Factor[e] team to email@example.com with the subject line “Last Name – Analyst”.
Factor(e) Ventures does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. Factor(e) Ventures is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community and we encourage all candidates to apply, especially women and candidates based on the ground in Africa close to the customers and markets we serve. To achieve that goal, we may conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Background checks may include, but are not limited to, criminal history, national sex offender search and motor vehicle history.